Tuesday, April 21, 2015

We're not "big boned". We just had big excuses.

#transformationTuesday 
Mom and Daughter 

My mom roped me in to do the old fashioned, original "Step aerobics" with her starting when I was 12 years old, in Kapaau. Hawaii. 
Little did I know that by that she helped me ingrain the love and habit of exercise into my very core and begun the ripple effect into my destiny. 
Although the consistent exercise was good, it was not enough. We would always talk about how frustrated we were with the fact that our genetics did not help with our fluffy 25 to 40 pounds overweightness and our tendency to hold a lot of stomach fat. But, we would always make excuses that "we're big bones" or "we're just strong".

#truthBeToldTuesday The Truth is we were too addicted to chocolate, and used food as comfort rather than fuel. We wanted the bodies of our dreams but we were more into making excuses. We would say, "we eat healthy, we eat veggies" but really, our eating was out of balance and we were eating way too much. 

We started at a gym together about seven years ago and our weight would go up and down and up and down. We continued to be frustrated, but the good news was we continued to solidify the habit of consistent exercise! 

Finally, at different times we decided enough was enough. No more yo-yoing. I decided to challenge myself with Insanity, my first Beachbody program.
Little did I know that that one action of me challenging myself with insanity would have a ripple effect of my entire family becoming Shakeology superfood drinkers & breaking out of the generational bonds of over eating and eating for comfort. I also had no idea it would lead to an amazing career of Beachbody coaching, paying forward the love and challenge of body mind spirit fitness to everyone I come in contact with! 

On the left, 3 years ago, I weighed roughly 25 pounds more and was walking around at about a size 10/12. My mom was a large size 12. 
On the right, just two weeks ago is me at size 4/6 and my mom...who just found that small and medium clothes were fitting her in the dressing room!!! 

Now, with daily accountability, Shakeology every day, correct portions and at home fitness DVDs, my mom and I have transformed our bodies and our continuing to every day!

NEVER GIVE UP. Specifically for you beautiful women who think that you have tried everything and that there is no way you can have the body of your dreams and feel vibrant and alive like you want to, I'm telling you you CAN!!! I have overcome and I am still overcoming every day. Do you just hate what you see in the mirror because your clothes don't fit but you know that you are so much more!!??? Dude, message me.

 I help people get results. I help people transform their lives and I want to help you.
My next 30 day wellness challenge launches on April 27, next Monday. Are you going to transform your life?➡️ consijoyfitness@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment